October 7, 2011 in
Trahma Selecta's BiographyWhat is/are your favorite style/syles/genres of music and why?
- My favorite styles/genres include Roots/Rockers/Rub-a-Dub Reggae, Grunge, Hip Hop, Jazz, Funk, Soul, Classic Rock, and American Oldies.
- I saved and bought my 1st pair of Technic MK2's in 06 to listen to my Reggae vinyl collection, and my friends (who were all into Drum and Bass) began to bring their vinyl selections over
- When I began to hear other styles besides Dark/Tech and Jump-Up, they were the styles my friends were into and naturally the first that I came across. When I began to search through the past and became familiar with the music's Jungle, Reggae, and Hip Hop roots. Sounds cheezy, but this is when I began to feel the energy in the music.
- I've always been infatuated with the idea of being able to control sound. Growing up, I always had an appreciation for music, but didnt posses the interest/thinking capacity/initiative to learn to play an instrument. In '05, a good friend from high school (San Diego hip hop producer, Definit-1) showed me some beats he was working on at the time, and I remember one very clearly. It was a dark sounding hip hop tune with that "underground" rawness to it, and it resinated with me, not just the beat but the fact that it was his creation. In '07, I bought my first computer and he taught me the ways of the DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) he was using at the time. I became consumed with expiramenting.
- I have been Deejaying since 2006, and began performing in 2010.
- Local producers I've been enjoying tunes from: Calculon, Definit-1, and VIP-Hacks.
- Local DJ's I'm feeling: Wolf, Tryxx, Rebellion, Jinx, Alex Flux, and b.W.A.R.E.
- Other Local Artists: Black Resume, Disekt, Ridda, Black Heart Warriors Hi-Fi, and Kush & Jah-Blood Fiyah Angels.
- Cali-based Producers/Dj's: APX-1, Machete, Serjah-9, Whizard, Circuit, Kaboom/Edificiador, R.A.W., CRS?, Direct Feed, Logikal, Lightsout, Inflitrata, Bassnectar and much more but I'm having a brain-fart.
- Nationally: Terravita, AK1200, DJ Craze, Z-Trip, Dieselboy, Mad Influence, and Dara.
- Internationally: Commix, Muwookie, Benny Page, Dillinja, Original Sin, Marky, Makoto, Netsky, Loadstar, Icicle, Mutt, Sensai, Jebar, J-Bird, Marcus Intalex, IllSkillz and Hype.
- I plan to keep the ball rolling. People can expect more original tunes from me in the near future. They can expect quality and diversity.
- I am the founder of Dojo Radio, an internet based radio-stream whose mission is to provide a medium for music fans to become more familiar with California and other U.S. based artists. I am a resident and family member at Organized Grime, which is about Unity and San Diego Dubstep & Drum n Bass. I am a Dj with an ear for deep, soulful, thought provoking, and grimey music. I am a Producer who seeks saturate speakers everywhere with colorful, energetic, uplifiting music, and also enjoys dealing with other genres/styles from time to time. I just want to make you boogie.